Saturday, June 30, 2012

Women that insist on an insensitive guy

I hate it when a woman says she will call but doesn't actually call me back.

Some people are OK with that behavior.   I know at least one woman that actually told me she preferred it. 

Recently I had a really good time talking with a woman I found on OK Cupid.  She never gave me her phone number (well, it showed up on my phone, so I knew what it was), and she said she would call me back.

I'm a pretty assertive guy, but if she wanted to do it that way, I was fine with it.   But I did want to make clear my position about call backs.  So I ask her if she didn't want to date me, to at least leave a message saying so, not to leave me hanging.

A couple of days later she sent me an email back saying that she did not want to meet me BECAUSE I had asked her to leave the message.  It said

"After we hung up I realized that I felt strange about you telling me to let you know if I was not interested in meeting. I wanted to be honest and thought you seemed nice otherwise but it was off-putting.  
I wish you all the best but don't think we will be a good match."


In certain ways I am glad she said no.  I agree that we would not be a good match.  I am clearly way too good for her.  And I mean that in the most uncomplimentary way possible.  She is not worth my time or effort.

I have emotions and feelings and am willing to tell her about them, but she clearly doesn't want that in a guy.

I wish her luck in her life, but not her search.  Because while she will surely find a guy who will hide his emotions, I don't think she is going to actually LIKE him after she gets to know him.

No comments:

Post a Comment