Monday, November 26, 2012

The Magic Words That Save a Relationship

There are magic words that save a relationship.  The basic concept is the same for both men and women, with a slightly different emphasis.  They should be said at least a couple of times a year.

No, I'm not talking about "I love you."   Nor Please.  Those need to be said more than a couple of times a year, and they don't magically save a relationship.


Instead they are versions of "You are/were right, I am wrong."

If you are a man, the best phrasing is  "Honey, you know more about this than I do, so let's do it your way."

The female version is "Dear, you were right, I'm sorry I insisted on doing it my way."


The reason is that most men tend to think the women never admit they are wrong and that most women tend to think that men don't value their opinions.   Your particular situation may vary, and you may want to vary the phrasing, but the main point is you need to be able to tell your partner that they are/were correct and that you know that.



No comments:

Post a Comment