Sunday, April 3, 2011

Recovery from an error

OK, I made a mistake for my last date.

Learn from my mistakes: If possible, you should only invite women to restaurants you have been to before.  Or at least read a  review or got a recommendation.

I took a date tango dancing.  It was our first real date.  I had been set up with her previously, but that was a blind date and more of a first  meeting. So this was the first time I had asked her out.

Tango is a pretty good date, at least if the guy knows how to dance.  Better, it was a charity dance for Japan and my date was Japanese.   Here I thought I had the perfect event.  Till I go to the location and saw the decor.

I had never been to this particular location - I choose it because of the charity event.  Most tango parties are held at restaurants, but not all.  Some are held in art galleries.   This particular art gallery was, shall we say 'blue'.  And I  am not talking about the colour.   The photographs were not that bad.  They were artistic and many were not obvious unless you took the time to closely examine them.    But the drawings involved rope, transvestites, explicit masturbation were a bit much for the first real date.

Now, I am no prude.   In fact, for a later date I might have asked her to go to such a gallery.  But I would have at least made sure she knew what to expect.  Springing it could have been a disaster.

Luckily the young lady was more interested in what was going on in the middle of the room as opposed to what was hanging on the walls.  Tango can be pretty.    So we had a very good time.  If she was not returning to Japan shortly (work permit issues), I would have high hopes for her.

Like I said earlier, tango can be a great date.

No comments:

Post a Comment